Cunningham Bounds' Verdict Ranked Among Nation's Top 100 Verdicts
Monday, Mar 26, 2012
Mobile, Ala. – The attorneys of Cunningham Bounds were recognized in the March 12th edition of The National Law Journal for achieving one of the nation’s “Top 100 Verdicts” during 2011. The list was developed by The National Law Journal’s VerdictSearch affiliate, and was based on extensive research of court records to determine the largest verdicts awarded by juries. Cunningham Bounds’ $40 million verdict in Leytham v. Kia was ranked, in a 3-way tie, for No. 50 on this prestigious list. This wrongful death verdict against Kia Motors of America, Inc., Kia Motors Corporation, and DBI/Celltrion was awarded on June 23, 2011, after five years of litigation and two appeals to the Alabama Supreme Court.
Cunningham Bounds’ ranking on the 2011 list signifies the seventh time the firm has been recognized in VerdictSearch's annual report. In 2009, Cunningham Bounds achieved a $20 million verdict in Pettaway v. Coastal Anesthesia, P.C., et al. and was listed as having the 82nd largest verdict in the United States. That verdict marked the third year in a row that Cunningham Bounds had one or more verdicts ranked in the Top 100. In 2008, the firm's $192 million verdict in Mannsfeld v. Ineos Phenol GbmH & Co., KG, et al. placed 14th on the list. In 2007, the verdict of $108 million in Dirt, Inc. v. ShawCor, Ltd., et al. was 15th, while Krantz v. A.O. Smith, et al. brought a $50 million verdict that ranked 31st on the Top 100 list. The 2007 list marked the second time Cunningham Bounds had two verdicts listed in the Top 100 during the same year. In 2003, the firm had the No. 1 verdict--the $11.9 billion verdict in State of Alabama v. Exxon Corp., as well as the $20 million verdict in Brackett v. Alabama Power Co., which placed 91st.
The firm has achieved a well-deserved national reputation as courtroom litigators with a proven track record. The size of the verdicts obtained represents both the magnitude of the harm done and the extent of the firm’s commitment to achieve excellent results for its clients. For more information about Cunningham Bounds and its case history, please visit www.cunninghambounds.com.
- Lions Club grateful for support of 5K fundraising run (May 14, 2013)
- Ten Attorneys with Cunningham Bounds Named to Super Lawyers 2013 (May 10, 2013)
- Injured worker in Mobile River barge blast files lawsuit against four companies (May 01, 2013)
- History of Federal Violations for Companies in Explosion Lawsuit (May 01, 2013)
- Barge Explosion Victim Suing (May 01, 2013)
- BP oil spill trial: BP wells supervisor frustrated by last-minute Macondo changes (Apr 16, 2013)
- Daphne man awarded $1.7 million in damages from ThyssenKrupp construction accident (Apr 04, 2013)
- Equipment Misuse and Lack of Safety Inspections Result in $1.7 Million Verdict (Apr 02, 2013)