Relentless. Skilled. Prepared. Tenacious. All of these words describe Robert’s work as a trial lawyer. He understands that painstaking preparation, careful analysis, and attention to detail win big cases. In an era when very few cases are decided in a courtroom, Robert takes pride in trying cases to a jury whenever and wherever defendants are unwilling to accept full responsibility for their wrongdoing. Robert’s skill and tenacity have been widely noted.
He is board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the American Board of Trial Advocacy. He is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. He is listed in Best Lawyers of America®. He is listed in Benchmark Plaintiff’s ranking of Alabama attorneys as a “Future Star.” He has been repeatedly identified as one of Alabama’s “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyer magazine.
Accolades aside, Robert has an unwavering passion for representing those who have been seriously injured or killed. His passion is proven by his results. In the courtroom, Robert has served as lead and co-lead counsel in obtaining significant verdicts in extremely challenging cases. A few recent examples include the following:
- $14.8M Verdict for wrongful death and personal injury in a natural gas explosion in one of the most conservative venues in the United States.
- $1.78M Verdict for personal injuries suffered in a fall at a national chain restaurant.
- $1.725M Verdict for personal injuries suffered in a fall at a retail facility.
- $1.7M Verdict for personal injuries suffered in an industrial site accident.
- $1.0M Verdict for personal injuries suffered in a crash with a UPS truck.
In a recent trial, Robert obtained a $779,477.00 jury verdict for a mechanic who was injured on the job. This outcome is particularly remarkable given that the defendant had only offered one dollar ($1.00) prior to the verdict.
By aggressively preparing cases for trial, Robert has also obtained numerous multi-million dollar settlements for his clients. These cases involve everything from 18-wheeler crashes to defective consumer products to industrial site injuries. Some settlements that Robert has recently obtained include the following:
- $9.0M settlement for wrongful death at industrial facility
- $6.0M settlement for injuries in a crash caused by a heavy commercial truck
- $5.0M settlement for wrongful death at industrial facility
- $3.0M settlement for injuries from fall at industrial site
- $3.2M settlement for wrongful death caused by commercial truck
- $2.7M settlement for wrongful death at hospital
- $1.8M settlement for injuries caused by improperly maintained equipment
- $1.5M settlement for injuries in a crash caused by an 18-wheeler
- $1.25M settlement for injuries in a car crash
- $1.1M settlement for injuries to bicyclist
- $1.0M settlement for injuries sustained in diving accident
- $1.0M settlement for injuries caused by improperly maintained utility truck
- $1.0M settlement for injuries caused at industrial site
- $1.0M settlement for injuries caused by defective equipment
- $1.0M settlement for child injured by defective installation
Away from the office, Robert and his wife take great pleasure in raising their two children. Robert has also served on the Board of Directors for Via!, a charitable organization dedicated to supporting senior citizens in need, on the Senior Bowl Charitable Committee, and most recently on the Board of Ambassadors for the American Cancer Society.