Atlanta Anesthesia Error Attorneys
Navigating the aftermath of an anesthesia error can be a daunting task. These medical mishaps can lead to severe complications, and understanding the legal implications can feel overwhelming. We are committed to providing support and guidance at Cunningham Bounds during these challenging times.
As the trusted personal injury law firm in Atlanta, Cunningham Bounds has a long history of handling cases related to anesthesia errors. Our dedicated team of attorneys brings a wealth of experience in dealing with the intricate medical and legal issues these cases often involve.
Anesthesia errors can result in serious health problems such as brain damage, heart complications, stroke, or in extreme cases, even death. The impact of such an event on you and your loved ones can be immense.
At Cunningham Bounds, we aim to provide compassionate support while meticulously investigating your case and navigating the complexities of the legal system. We advocate for your rights and strive to bring you the justice you seek.
Remember, the journey following an anesthesia error can be tough, but you don’t have to face it alone. With our Atlanta anesthesia error attorneys by your side, you have a team committed to standing with you every step of the way.
Common Effects of Anesthesia Errors
Anesthesia plays a crucial role in ensuring comfort and pain-free surgical procedures. However, errors in its administration can lead to serious medical complications.
Here are some potential effects that could stem from such errors:
- Paralysis: Incorrectly administered anesthesia or improper patient positioning during surgery can result in nerve damage, potentially leading to partial or complete paralysis.
- Loss of heart function: Anesthesia errors can have severe cardiovascular implications. These can range from irregular heart rhythms and blood pressure issues to a significant decrease in heart function or even cardiac arrest.
- Seizures: Overdose or adverse reactions to anesthesia can sometimes trigger seizures, which can have both immediate and long-term neurological effects.
- Respiratory issues: Problems with intubation or an adverse reaction to anesthesia can lead to respiratory distress or failure, impacting the ability to breathe effectively.
- Brain damage: Both lack of oxygen due to respiratory issues and seizures can potentially cause brain damage, leading to cognitive impairment or other neurological problems.
- Death: In the most tragic circumstances, anesthesia errors can be fatal. This could be the result of severe allergic reactions, loss of heart function, or other major complications.
- Other effects: Other potential effects include allergic reactions, blood clots, strokes, temporary mental confusion or Post-operative Cognitive Dysfunction (POCD), and anesthesia awareness, where a patient regains consciousness during surgery.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Atlanta Anesthesia Error Lawyer
Our Atlanta anesthesia error lawyers are committed to providing comprehensive legal guidance and support for those affected by these devastating incidents. We know how difficult it can be to picture a road forward following an incident like this. Our dedicated team is here for you and will make every effort to secure the best possible outcome.
$35 Million Verdict for Death After Thumb Surgery
$20 Million Anesthesia Error Resulting in Death
The attorneys of Cunningham Bounds achieved a $20 million jury verdict for the family of a woman who died after her anesthesia care team failed to follow the accepted standards of care in administering her anesthesia.
$15 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Cunningham Bounds' attorneys obtained a $15 million verdict against Springhill Memorial Hospital for the wrongful death of a 45-year-old married mother.
$14.5 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Case
The attorneys of Cunningham Bounds obtained a $14.5 million verdict for the mother of a 17-year old child who died as a consequence of improper extubation and inadequate monitoring in post-anesthesia care unit.
$11 Million Settlement in Case of Misdiagnosis
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
"These guys are just that good."
There are not many plaintiff’s firms that impress the way these guys do.- Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys