Allison joined Cunningham Bounds in 2011, and her primary focus is the Gulf Coast oil spill. She has considerable experience with the Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damage Claims process, which was established in 2012 as a means for private parties to seek compensation from BP for economic losses and property damage sustained as a result of the oil spill. Allison has extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Settlement Agreement and corresponding policies governing the claims process. She has also filed suit for numerous individuals and businesses who were excluded from or opted-out of the claims process. Allison is licensed to practice law in both Alabama and Louisiana.
In 2006, Allison received her B.A. in French and Sociology, cum laude, from Tulane University where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa. In 2009, Allison received her J.D., cum laude, from Louisiana State University. While in law school, she studied in Lyon, France and was also awarded the Tullis-Herget Academic Scholarship. In her final year of law school, Allison served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable John Michael Guidry with the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal in Baton Rouge. Upon graduation, she served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Roderick Stout with the Mobile County Circuit Court.
Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, Allison currently lives in Mobile with her husband, Trip Smalley, of Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- Tullis-Herget Academic Scholarship
- Admitted to the Bar in Alabama – 2009; Louisiana - 2010
- Louisiana State University, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- Tulane University, B.A., French and Sociology, cum laude, 2006
- Member of the Alabama State Bar Association
- Member of the Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member of the Mobile Bar Association
- Member of the South Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member, Junior League of Mobile
- Member, NAMI Mobile – Local chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Volunteer, Family Promise of Coastal Alabama