With citations to his credit that include one of the top Business Lawyers and Top 50 Plaintiff Attorneys in Alabama, Steve Olen is held in high regard for his success in handling complex litigation, business litigation, class actions and bankruptcy litigation. He has been lead counsel in cases resulting in numerous multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements.
Steve graduated from Princeton University in 1976 and received his law degree summa cum laude from Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in 1979. During law school he was Editor-in-Chief of The American Journal of Trial Advocacy, a member of Cumberland Law Review, and winner of the Moot Court Competition. He was admitted to the Alabama Bar in 1979. Steve resides in Daphne with his wife Sharon.
Recognized for taking on high-stakes, bet-the-company litigation cases, Steve pursues restitution on behalf of his clients with a single-minded focus characterized by integrity, creativity and the highest regard for ethical conduct. His successful results speak for themselves.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- Benchmark Plaintiff lists Mr. Olen as a "Local Litigation Star" in its Alabama rankings of personal injury attorneys
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (1999-Present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Lawyer of the Year: Litigation-Bankruptcy" for Mobile, Alabama (2016)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Lawyer of the Year: Bet the Company Litigation" for Mobile, Alabama (2010, 2015)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Lawyer of the Year: Banking & Finance" in Mobile, Alabama (2012, 2021)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Mobile Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year" (2010)
- Listed in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top Business Lawyers in Alabama / Mid-South Region (2008-Present)
- Listed in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the Top 50 plaintiff attorneys in Alabama (2011)
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0/5.0 Peer Rating
- Lawdragon Leading 500 Plaintiff Financial Lawyers, 2020
- Admitted to the Bar in Alabama, 1979
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1979
- Princeton University, B.A., 1976
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Past Treasurer, member of the Executive Committee and Chairman of the Civil Practice Committee of the Mobile Bar Association
- Served on the Board of Directors of Alabama Appleseed, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving social justice for all
- Serves on the Executive Committee of the Alabama Association for Justice
- Serves on the Executive Committee of the South Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Cunningham Bounds in Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers® Features 13 Cunningham Bounds, LLC Attorneys in 2021 Edition
Cunningham Bounds Named a Leading Litigation Firm by Benchmark Litigation in 2020
For another consecutive year, Cunningham Bounds ...
Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Includes All Partners of Cunningham Bounds
Mobile, Ala. – The 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in ...
Benchmark Names Cunningham Bounds a Leading Litigation Firm in Alabama
MOBILE, Ala. – Benchmark Litigation announced its ...
All Partners of Cunningham Bounds Recognized in 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers
All partners of Cunningham Bounds, LLC have been ...
Twelve Attorneys from Cunningham Bounds, LLC Named to 2019 “Best Lawyers” List
Cunningham Bounds, LLC is pleased to announce that ...
2017 SUPER LAWYERS LIST INCLUDES ALL PARTNERS OF CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS, LLC
Mobile, Ala. – The partners of Cunningham Bounds, ...
CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS RECOGNIZED AS LEADING LITIGATION LAW FIRM IN ALABAMA
MOBILE, Ala. – Benchmark Litigation announced its ...
LAWYERS OF CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS RECOGNIZED IN THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA®
MOBILE, Ala. – Twelve personal injury attorneys ...
ALL PARTNERS OF CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS RECEIVE 2016 SUPER LAWYERS RANKING
Mobile, Ala. – All the partners of Cunningham ...
LAWYERS OF CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS LISTED IN THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA® 2017
MOBILE, Ala. – Thirteen personal injury lawyers ...
CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS SETTLES “ROBO-SIGNING” CLASS ACTION FOR MORE THAN $10,000,000
The United States District Court for the Southern ...
BANKRUPTCY COURT ENTERS $102 MILLION JUDGMENT AGAINST DEFENDANTS IN A MASSIVE CONSUMER FRAUD CASE
Montgomery, Ala. – Following a trial that took ...
BENCHMARK LITIGATION NAMES CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS A LEADING LAW FIRM
MOBILE, Ala. – In its 2016 rankings of America’s ...
ATTORNEYS OF CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS RECOGNIZED IN BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA® 2016
MOBILE, Ala. – Thirteen lawyers from the firm ...
STEVE OLEN & DAVID WIRTES HONORED AS “LAWYERS OF THE YEAR”
MOBILE, Ala. – Today, it was announced that Best ...
ALL CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS PARTNERS NAMED TO ALABAMA SUPER LAWYERS
All the partners of Cunningham Bounds, LLC have ...
THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA® 2014 INCLUDES CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS’ ATTORNEYS
MOBILE, Ala. – Ten lawyers from the firm ...
TEN ATTORNEYS WITH CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS NAMED TO SUPER LAWYERS 2013
MOBILE, Ala. – Ten attorneys with Cunningham ...
TEN CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS ATTORNEYS NAMED TO THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA®
MOBILE, Ala. -- Ten lawyers from the firm ...
CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS ATTORNEY, STEPHEN C. OLEN, NAMED “LAWYER OF THE YEAR”
Mobile, Ala. – Best Lawyers, the oldest and most ...
JUDGE ASKED TO RULE IN FAVOR OF VESSELS OF OPPORTUNITY PARTICIPANTS: LOCAL BOAT OWNERS COULD BE AFFECTED (PRESS-REGISTER)
By: Brendan Kirby MOBILE, Alabama — A court filing ...
NINE CUNNINGHAM BOUNDS ATTORNEYS NAMED AS THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA®
MOBILE, Ala. -- Nine lawyers from the firm ...
RSA ANNOUNCES $100 MILLION SETTLEMENT WITH UBS WARBURG
MONTGOMERY, Ala., April 21, 2010 – The Retirement ...
WOMAN AWARDED $1 MILLION IN SUIT
Mobile Register The widow of a man killed in a ...
What You Need To Know About Tire Defects
Attorneys Billy Bonner and Robert Mitchell talk about what you need to know about tire defects.Play Video
Why Our Firm Is Equipped To Represent Business Litigation Claims
In this video, Steve Olen talks about how they help businesses and individuals involved in Business LitigationPlay Video
Fox 10 News Reports On Recovering Firefighter From Bender Shipbuilding Fire
Interview with Suzanne Jones from Mobile, Alabama talking about her experience after a frightening ordeal the love of her life had while at work.Play Video
Local 15 News Reports On Settlements In Mobile River Ship Explosion
News reports on settlement in Mobile River Ship Explosion Lawsuit on May 15, 2008.Play Video