Named by Super Lawyers magazine as one of Alabama’s top attorneys, Billy is a “think-outside-the-box” attorney whose creative approach and hard work have resulted in beat-the-odds wins for his clients. A powerful combination of drive, resourcefulness, and intelligence is the hallmark of Billy’s work. He is one of the few attorneys at the firm that devotes equal time to both personal injury and business cases, and this diversity in his practice forms the foundation of his unique and focused approach to his clients' problems.
Billy enjoys handling complex cases that require a full and detailed understanding of how products, businesses, and markets work. In recent years, he has handled cases involving industrial explosions, commercial trucking accidents, aviation accidents, interest-rate swaps, and employment fraud. Since 2013, he has recovered over $100 million for his clients, and his cases have been reported by Bloomberg News, Business Alabama, the Press-Register, and The Birmingham News.
A former member of the Spring Hill College baseball team and named All-American in 2000 and 2002, Billy was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. After graduating from Spring Hill College, he enrolled in law school at the University of Alabama, where he graduated summa cum laude in 2005.
During law school, Billy was inducted into the Order of the Coif, was a Hugo Black Scholar, and received the Dean M. Leigh Harrison award for academic excellence. He also served as a senior editor of the Alabama Law Review. Married with four children, in his spare time Billy enjoys spending time with family, hunting, and fishing.
- $11 million settlement for a man that suffered multiple amputations as a result of negligent medical treatment he received at an urgent care clinic
- Nearly $10 million dollar award for a local sewer company that was defrauded by a regional bank
- $8.5 million judgment for the family of a pilot who was killed in a helicopter crash
- $7.5 million settlement for family of motorcyclist killed in crash by delivery driver
- $6 million settlement for the family of a young man who was killed by an improperly secured pressure cylinder
- $3.2 million settlement for the family of a man who was killed in an industrial explosion
- $3.2 million settlement for the children of a man who was killed in a motorcycle crash
- $3 million jury verdict for a man who suffered a head injury in a crash with an 18-wheeler
- $1.75 million jury verdict for a yacht owner against an insurance company that refused to compensate him for the total loss of his yacht
- $1 million policy limits settlement for a young man who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a crash involving a commercial truck
- $1 million settlement for a farmer who was catastrophically injured when his tractor was run over by a distracted 18-wheeler driver
- $850,000 jury verdict for a man, while stopped in traffic on the interstate, who was injured in a four-vehicle chain reaction crash caused by a tractor trailer driver who failed to slow down and stop
- Numerous other confidential settlements
Recognition & Awards
- Super Lawyers
- Listed as one of the top plaintiff attorneys in Alabama & the Mid-South Region (2021)
- Listed as one of Alabama & the Mid-South Region’s Rising Stars (2011, 2013 – 2020)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Listed (2016 – present)
- Recognized as one of Mobile's "Forty Under 40" (2012)
- National Trial Lawyers Top “Forty Under 40” trial lawyers in Alabama (2014 – present)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ 4.8/5.0 Peer Rating
- Inducted into the Order of the Coif
- Hugo Black Scholar
- Received the Dean M. Leigh Harrison award for academic excellence
- Member of the baseball team at Spring Hill College
- Named an All-American (2000 and 2002)