Mobile Truck Accident Attorney
Billions Obtained for the Injured throughout Alabama
At Cunningham Bounds, we have handled cases on behalf of thousands of clients who have been seriously injured by another’s negligence. Over the years we have become known as a top personal injury firm in Alabama. As such, we have the resources and experience necessary to handle any case, no matter how complex.
Truck accident cases often involve going up against large insurance companies and fierce litigators. Our firm is committed to excellence and can fight for an outcome that perfectly meets your needs and circumstances.
We're uniquely equipped to handle your truck accident case. Contact us today!
Compensation for Physical & Emotional Damages
Accidents involving tractor-trailers, semi-trucks or 18-wheelers can occur due to any number of reasons. Because of the size and weight of large trucks, when they collide with other vehicles, they often cause catastrophic injuries or result in fatalities.
In addition to physical injuries such as broken bones, spinal cord damage, and traumatic brain injuries, victims may also cope with lingering psychological trauma that can put a strain on their relationships with family, friends, and co-workers.
Justice for family members lost in fatal truck accidents
Statistics show that nearly 10 percent of people involved in a truck accident in Alabama will be killed, requiring an attorney to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Tractor-trailer rigs or an 18-wheeler are also more likely to be involved in deadly multiple-vehicle crashes. This is true not only because these trucks can weigh in excess of 80,000 pounds, but also because they are more difficult to control and to slow down.
Call (251) 299-0101! Let us take a look at your case in a free consultation.
What Should I Do If I Am Involved In a Truck Accident?
If you’re hit by a truck, protect your well-being and your rights by following these steps:
- Move away from the accident if possible. Gas or dangerous cargo could spill and present a fire hazard.
- Report the accident to police.
- Make a note (or voice recording) of what you remember about the accident, take photographs, and write down the other driver’s name, license information, and employer.
- Talk to witnesses and take down their names and contact information.
- See a doctor—even if you don’t think you’re hurt, you might just be in shock.
- Call your insurer to make a report.
- Don’t talk to the driver’s insurance or sign anything they send you. They could be trying to take away your chance for compensation!
- Find an attorney to help you navigate the minefield of commercial insurance in the aftermath of the accident. Professional advice can be the difference between getting an insurance settlement and having high medical costs affect your pocketbook.
How Do I Find Out Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident?
Dealing with commercial insurance isn’t always easy, but first, you must identify the insurer that is liable for damages. In commercial accidents, it’s not always the driver’s coverage that will kick in. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, your case may go to:
- The driver’s commercial insurance
- Commercial insurance held by the company that employs the driver
- A manufacturer’s insurance
Determining who should pay may be an extended process because if an insurer can find a reason to pass the expense to someone else, they will certainly do so.
How Do I Negotiate an Insurance Settlement After an Accident?
Though we strongly recommend letting an attorney handle all communications with insurance adjusters, we understand that sometimes you want to take care of things on your own. If you’re in the process of negotiating a settlement, keep these tips in mind:
- Don’t sign anything you haven’t read and understood 100%. An insurance adjuster may offer to explain a contract—but they can gloss over important details that work in their favor.
- Don’t admit to anything the insurer could use against you. Even if they can only prove you hold 1% of the blame, that is enough to absolve them from paying you any damages.
- Keep in mind that distracted driving, speed limit violations, or any other unsafe driving behaviors your opponents can prove could make you ineligible for a settlement.
- Know how much you deserve. Not only should you total all your medical and car repair bills, but you should also factor in the cost of missed work, ongoing care, and pain and suffering.
- Ask for more compensation than you actually need, because the insurance company will negotiate you down.
- Don’t accept their first offer. Often, insurers try to take advantage of accident victims who may not know the full worth of their damages. Ask for the reasoning behind the number and dispute it wherever you can.
- Keep records of discussions (writing notes if they were conducted by phone) and ask for any offers to be made in writing. The final settlement should be signed and dated by both parties.
- Hire an attorney if you’re getting stonewalled. Sometimes, insurers try to frustrate claimants into agreeing to accept a low settlement. Enlisting an attorney to help shows the insurance agent you’re serious about receiving a fair settlement.
an experienced attorney can thoroughly investigate your truck accident
Truck accidents can be caused by a wide range of factors. It’s important to get a skilled Mobile truck accident attorney on the case as soon as possible so that all evidence is accounted for and witness memories are still fresh.
Truck accidents are often caused by the following, and more:
Trucking companies are required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to keep records of equipment safety and drivers’ hours of service. Sadly, though, many attorneys fail to inspect these records, which is a big mistake. Poor equipment and driver fatigue can cause truck accidents, so careful analysis of the records is often required to determine if negligence or recklessness has occurred.
Talk to us if you’ve been involved in a truck accident. Our personal injury lawyers can help you identify your options, navigate the system, and get you the results you need to move forward with your life.
Contact Cunningham Bounds! Begin your journey to just compensation with an experienced truck accident attorney in Alabama!
With You to the End
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
Committed to Our Community
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
With Us, It's Personal
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
Thanks to ALL of you!- Former Client
The firm’s personal injury practice maintains a stellar reputation!- Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
Lucy was always well prepared and went the extra mile to check details and possibilities.- Sandee
It’s a small, elite shop of some of the best lawyers in the business.
All of them could be considered ‘stars.'” - Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
Mr. Bonner was extremely well prepared for our day in court and handled our case as if it were the most important case he had.- Anonymous