Drunk Drivers Wreck Lives
With Labor Day weekend underway, it is worth remembering something that we all know: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is deadly.
The following statistics published by Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) leave no doubt as to the grave consequences of DUI:
- In Alabama in 2014, there were 5,398 crashes caused by drunk drivers, and some 2,657 people who suffered personal injuries caused by a drunk driving crash.
- A person is injured in a drunk driving crash almost every 90 seconds.
- One in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.
- Every day in America, another 28 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes.
- In 2013 alone, 10,076 people died in drunk driving crashes.
- In 2013 alone, 290,000 people were injured in drunk driving crashes.
The number of injuries and deaths caused by drunk drivers is shocking. Behind these statistics are stories of loss, heartbreak, and lives being torn apart. Don’t let this happen to you. This holiday weekend, be safe. Be proactive. Take action. Remind and encourage your loved ones that “Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk.”
Remember also that if you are injured by a drunk driver, you have rights. For nearly 60 years, Cunningham Bounds has helped people injured by drunk drivers. Our firm takes great pride in holding drunk drivers accountable and thereby deterring future drunk driving incidents. Our firm’s mission is endorsed by MADD, who “recognizes that there is a need to promote and sustain the rights to victims of impaired driving crashes to be fully compensated for harm resulting from these crashes” through “civil tort actions.”
For more information about how our firm can help you, click here.