TYPES OF CASES INVOLVING BIG TRUCKS
The biggest difference between a commercial truck crash and an ordinary car wreck is almost always the greater extent of damages and injuries. Big-rigs, 18-wheelers and tractor- trailers can weigh in excess of 80,000 pounds. As a result, a commercial truck collision with a passenger car or pedestrian often causes catastrophic injury or wrongful death.
There are many types of truck accidents that occur in Alabama. These accidents include the following:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Broadside collisions
- Right-hand squeeze collisions, when a driver attempts to pass a truck on the right-hand side, not realizing the truck is making a wide right turn
- Center line crossover collisions
- Bump collisions
- Lane-change collisions
- Jack-knifed tractor-trailers
- Side-underride crashes, where a passenger vehicle slides underneath the side of a tractor trailer
- Loss of control of a vehicle
- Loss of control collision
No matter the type of truck crash, it’s critically important to find a law firm with real experience and real results handling trucking cases. Don’t let a trucking company, an insurance carrier or an inexperienced lawyer take advantage of you. Don’t settle for less.