Head-on Truck Collisions
Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Injured People in Alabama for 60+ Years
At Cunningham Bounds, LLC, we are a results-driven firm and helping injured people get justice is our highest priority. We have served many people following injuries and accidents of all kinds, and we have secured billions of dollars on their behalf. If you have been injured in a head-on collision as a result of another person’s negligence, we may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, long-term treatments, and other damages resulting from your accident. Get started by connecting with a member of our team as soon as possible to schedule your free consultation.
Call (251) 299-0101 today to speak with an Alabama head-on collision attorney.
Causes of Head-on Collisions
There are a number of potential causes of head-on collisions. Some of them are outside drivers’ control (such as severe weather and vehicle malfunctions), but most of them are rooted in negligent driving, which often takes the following forms:
- Distracted driving: Motorists may veer out of their own lanes and into oncoming traffic if they are texting, eating, reading, applying makeup, adjusting the radio, or otherwise distracted while driving.
- Impaired driving: While under the influence of alcohol or drugs, drivers are less able to control their vehicles and thus become more likely to collide with others.
- Drowsy driving: Commercial drivers and other people who have been driving for long periods of time are more likely to fall asleep at the wheel, swerving out of their lane, and cause accidents with oncoming drivers.
- Inexperienced driving: Teenagers or adults who are driving without a license may not be equipped with the necessary skills and experience to properly control their vehicle and remain in their lane, making them more likely to create dangerous situations in traffic and less likely to be able to correct them.
- Driving without regard to traffic rules: Drivers who run red lights, drive above or below the speed limit, or otherwise fail to heed traffic rules and traffic signs pose serious risk to drivers in and outside their travel lane, especially near construction zones.
Common Damages Associated with Head-on Crashes
Head-on collisions tend to be particularly deadly, especially when both vehicles are in motion at the time of the crash. This is because the force of two vehicles colliding is double their respective speeds, meaning that if two cars collide while they are each traveling at 60 miles per hour, the force of their collision would be as if they had hit a stationary object while traveling at 120 miles per hour.
Such accidents can also cause a variety of excruciating injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries to the neck and spine
- Major burns
- Multiple bone fractures
- Puncture wounds
Injuries like these can lead to devastating damages to a driver’s physical health, professional ability, emotional wellbeing, finances, and more. Treating related injuries often produces burdensome medical costs, amounting to tens of thousands of dollars over time, which can plunge injured parties into substantial debt.
Proving Negligence and Liability in Your Case
If you have been injured in a head-on collision due to negligent driving, we may be able to help you hold the responsible party accountable for the harm they have done and the financial difficulties they have created for you and your loved ones. At Cunningham Bounds, LLC, we have handled many negligence-based injury claims and we may be able to help you prove that the other driver’s inattention or reckless behavior caused your suffering and monetary damages, which could force them to pay for the results of their negligence on your life and finances.
Proving negligence is critical in any effort to recover compensation following a serious car accident, and you can’t do it on your own. You need a highly skilled representative to plead your cause and protect your best interests during the process.
Contact our firm to connect with an Alabama truck accident attorney today.
With You to the End
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
Committed to Our Community
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
With Us, It's Personal
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
He was AWESOME.- Janice
Mr. Bonner was extremely well prepared for our day in court and handled our case as if it were the most important case he had.- Anonymous
The firm’s personal injury practice maintains a stellar reputation!- Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
I can’t thank you enough for your help with my case.- Cody
I highly recommend Cunningham Bounds for your needs!- D.P.