Poor Road Conditions
Truck Accident Attorneys in Mobile, Alabama
Truck accidents are not always caused purely by truck driver negligence, although this is a common contributing factor. In some cases, poor road conditions can be part of the cause in a big rig crash. Truck drivers who are not paying close attention to the road ahead can lose control of their vehicle. Or, the road may be in such poor condition, the truck driver has little chance of maintaining control. When all things are considered, poor road conditions can make a truck accident claim all the more complicated.
If you believe your truck accident claim is related to poor road conditions, call on Cunningham Bounds, the trusted name in personal injury representation throughout Alabama. Our Mobile team has a long history of successful case results with complex, high-stakes cases.
Various members of our firm have been awarded and recognized for legal excellence, by: :
- Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- The Inner Circle of Advocates
Put trusted counsel with a proven track record in your corner. Call (251) 299-0101 now for your truck accident claim.
Proving Liability in a Poor Road Condition Crash
The harm caused by a trucking accident can be immense. You may experience thousands and thousands of dollars in damages related to medical bills, vehicle repair, and lost wages. In order to make certain you get every cent in compensation you deserve, including noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, liability has to be carefully and accurately established. In a poor road condition crash, proving liability may be complicated, but our Mobile, Alabama truck accident lawyers have the skill and experience to work through it.
Parties that could be liable for a poor road condition truck accident include:
- Trucking company: The truck driver is ultimately responsible for recognizing a dangerous road condition and is responsible for doing everything he can to avoid it. In the event of lost vehicle control, the trucker is still responsible for preventing an accident that causes harm to others. By proxy, the trucking company that employs or contracts a negligent trucker could be held accountable for that truck driver’s actions. This is often the better solution, as trucking companies are represented by insurance companies with the resources to cover your damages, as opposed to an individual trucker.
- State agency: Unsafe road conditions must be corrected and repaired by a local or state agency. Commonly, the duty falls upon the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT). If the poor road condition that caused your trucking accident has been reported to the ALDOT or another agency, but it was not addressed in a reasonable amount of time, then liability could partially be placed on the state.
It is a common misconception that there can only be one defendant per injury case or claim. In reality, there can be any number of defendants, as long as each one is partially liable for your truck accident. Our injury attorneys will work diligently to make certain each potential avenue of liability is thoroughly explored, increasing your chances of receiving a maximized compensation amount at the end of your case. As trial lawyers, we are more than capable of taking your case to court for litigation if needed.
Get more information about Cunningham Bounds and your options after a truck accident by calling (251) 299-0101 at any time.
With You to the End
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
Committed to Our Community
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
With Us, It's Personal
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
An absolute pleasure to work with.- As compiled and reported by Chambers and Partners
Their expertise is unparalleled.- As compiled and reported by Chambers and Partners
I am very pleased with the way things turned out.- Bill
Amazing group!- Michele
One of the most accomplished lawyers I have met.- Private Practice Attorney - As compiled and reported by Martindale Hubbell and other news agencies