Truck Driver Negligence
Alabama Truck Accident Lawyers Fighting for Victims
Statistics show most auto accidents are preventable. This includes many accidents involving commercial trucks and tractor-trailers, which pose elevated risks of serious or fatal injuries due their substantial size. While many different factors can lead to a preventable trucking accident – from defective products to failure to abide by critical safety regulations – truck driver negligence is a leading cause.
At Cunningham Bounds, LLC, our Alabama truck accident lawyers have handled thousands of cases in which victims and families suffered harm due to the negligence of others, including negligent truck drivers who caused truck accidents that could and should have been avoided. Backed by decades of collective experience and a proven record of success in even the toughest cases, our team is prepared to help you and your loved ones fight for the compensation you deserve.
Injured in an accident involving a tractor-trailer or commercial truck? Discuss your case personally with an Alabama truck accident lawyer from our team by calling (251) 299-0101 or contacting us online.
Trucker Negligence & Preventable Accidents
Like other motorists, truck drivers have a legal obligation to safely operate their vehicles. They are also obligated to abide by critical safety regulations designed to keep the public safe. Unfortunately, as statistics make clear, truckers all too often fail to meet their duty of care and cause preventable accidents.
Examples of truck driver negligence that can cause trucking accidents include:
- Unsafe driving behavior/traffic violations (i.e., speeding, driving too fast for weather or roadway conditions, reckless driving, tailgating, unsafe lane changes, etc.).
- Distracted driving and inattention.
- Fatigued driving and violations of hours-of-service rules, which are regulations that limit the amount of time truckers can be on duty and behind the wheel so as to reduce risks posed by tired driving, which studies show can be just as dangerous as driving drunk.
- Driving drunk or under the influence of drugs.
- Driving with medical conditions, or unmanaged medical issues, that increase their crash risks.
- Negligently loading cargo or improperly loading cargo, including cargo securement violations that can compromise a truck’s stability or result in fallen cargo that creates roadway hazards.
- Failing to properly inspect the condition of a commercial vehicle and take reasonable steps to address or fix potential hazards.
Whether negligence arises from the conduct of truckers behind the wheel or stems from a violation of trucking regulations, truckers can be held accountable for causing preventable wrecks. Additionally, the trucking companies that employ negligent truckers can also be held accountable, whether it’s because they’re ultimately accountable for their employees or because they were negligent as well. For example, trucking companies may negligently hire and retain unfit truckers with poor driving records, a history of substance abuse, or other red flags that would make them a danger on the road, or may fail to adequately oversee drivers to ensure compliance with the law.
Protecting Victims’ Right to Compensation
Proving negligence is a critical part of many personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. By working with proven attorneys who have the experience and resources to handle these challenging cases, victims can gain the support of advocates who can identify the underlying cause of an accident and show how the defendant’s negligence led to a preventable crash.
When successful, these lawsuits can allow victims and families to recover financial compensation for their damages, including economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Physical pain and suffering;
- Medical bills and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and lost future earnings;
- Disabilities, permanent impairment, or disfigurement;
- Emotional injuries, including mental anguish or grief;
- Injuries suffered by family members of victims who were seriously injured or killed in preventable trucking accidents, including loss of emotional support and companionship;
- Property damage; and/or
- Funeral or burial expenses.
Call (251) 299-0101 to Request a FREE Consultation
Since 1958, our team at Cunningham Bounds, LLC has established a reputation for our ability to fight for victims and families during some of the most difficult times in their lives, and for recovering billions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Whether you or someone you love has been harmed in a trucking accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver or any other party, our team is here to help.
If you would like to discuss a recent truck accident to learn more about your rights and how our award-winning firm can fight for you, contact us for a FREE and confidential consultation.
With You to the End
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
Committed to Our Community
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
With Us, It's Personal
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
He was AWESOME.- Janice
A premier plaintiff firm in the state.- Chambers and Partners USA
It’s a small, elite shop of some of the best lawyers in the business.
All of them could be considered ‘stars.'” - Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
I am thoroughly appreciative of how things turned out.- Martha
Their integrity is above all the rest by far.- Tim