Atlanta Medication Error Attorneys
The path of healing and recovery for those affected by medication errors is often fraught with uncertainty, pain, and distress. These errors, one of the most prevalent forms of medical malpractice, can dramatically alter lives, leading to physical, emotional, and financial challenges that are daunting to face alone.
At Cunningham Bounds, we understand the magnitude of these hardships. Since our establishment in 1958, we have been at the forefront of championing the rights of individuals suffering from cases like these. Our team of dedicated Atlanta medication error attorneys tirelessly provides aggressive and faithful legal representation, helping our clients navigate the complex legal landscape surrounding medical malpractice cases.
Our track record speaks volumes about our commitment to justice. We have successfully recovered billions for our clients, reflecting our relentless pursuit of fairness and accountability.
We invite you to trust our experience, proven success, and, most importantly, unwavering dedication to people like you.
What Is a Medication Error?
A medication error is any preventable event that may cause or lead to inappropriate medication use or patient harm. This can occur at any point in the process—while the medication is being prescribed, dispensed, or administered, or when it’s under the control of the healthcare professional, patient, or consumer.
Some examples of common medication errors include:
- Mislabeling at the pharmacy: This involves mistakes made during the labeling process at the pharmacy, resulting in patients receiving incorrect instructions or even the wrong medication.
- Prescribing recalled or defective drugs: If a healthcare provider prescribes a medication that has been recalled or is known to be defective, it can lead to serious health risks.
- Allergic reactions due to negligence: This occurs when a healthcare provider prescribes a medication to a patient without considering their known allergies, leading to preventable allergic reactions.
- Medication mix-ups: This involves cases where a patient’s medication is mixed up with another patient’s, leading to the administration of incorrect drugs.
- Inappropriate prescription for a condition: Prescribing a medication that is not suitable or effective for treating the patient’s specific ailment is another type of medication error.
- Neglecting potential drug interactions: This happens when a healthcare provider fails to consider how a new medication might interact negatively with other medications the patient is taking.
- Over-prescription of opioids: Inappropriately prescribing high quantities or dosages of opioids, potentially leading to addiction or overdose, can be extremely dangerous for patients.
- Errors in electronic medical records (EMR): Mistakes made within a patient’s electronic medical records can lead to incorrect prescriptions or missed critical information about a patient’s health or medication history.
- Communication breakdown between doctor and pharmacy: Miscommunication or lack of proper communication between the prescribing doctor and the pharmacy can result in medication errors.
- Delay or denial of necessary prescriptions: This involves cases where a drug that is crucial for a patient’s health is either delayed or denied, causing potential harm to the patient’s health.
While some medication errors may result in minor effects, others can lead to severe health complications, extended illness, or even fatal outcomes.
Fighting for Justice on Behalf of Victims of Medication Errors
At Cunningham Bounds, we understand the grave implications of medication errors. Our dedicated team of Atlanta medication error attorneys is committed to helping you seek justice, offering legal guidance and representation to ensure they receive the compensation you need to recover.
$35 Million Verdict for Death After Thumb Surgery
$20 Million Anesthesia Error Resulting in Death
The attorneys of Cunningham Bounds achieved a $20 million jury verdict for the family of a woman who died after her anesthesia care team failed to follow the accepted standards of care in administering her anesthesia.
$15 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Cunningham Bounds' attorneys obtained a $15 million verdict against Springhill Memorial Hospital for the wrongful death of a 45-year-old married mother.
$14.5 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Case
The attorneys of Cunningham Bounds obtained a $14.5 million verdict for the mother of a 17-year old child who died as a consequence of improper extubation and inadequate monitoring in post-anesthesia care unit.
$11 Million Settlement in Case of Misdiagnosis
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
"These guys are just that good."
There are not many plaintiff’s firms that impress the way these guys do.- Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys