With citations to his credit that include one of the top Business Lawyers and Top 50 Plaintiff Attorneys in Alabama, Steve Olen is held in high regard for his success in handling complex litigation, business litigation, class actions and bankruptcy litigation. He has been lead counsel in cases resulting in numerous multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements.
Steve graduated from Princeton University in 1976 and received his law degree summa cum laude from Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in 1979. During law school he was Editor-in-Chief of The American Journal of Trial Advocacy, a member of Cumberland Law Review, and winner of the Moot Court Competition. He was admitted to the Alabama Bar in 1979. Steve resides in Daphne with his wife Sharon.
Recognized for taking on high-stakes, bet-the-company litigation cases, Steve pursues restitution on behalf of his clients with a single-minded focus characterized by integrity, creativity and the highest regard for ethical conduct. His successful results speak for themselves.
Recognition & Awards
- Benchmark Plaintiff lists Mr. Olen as a "Local Litigation Star" in its Alabama rankings of personal injury attorneys
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (1999-Present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Lawyer of the Year: Litigation-Bankruptcy" for Mobile, Alabama (2016, 2022)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Lawyer of the Year: Bet the Company Litigation" for Mobile, Alabama (2010, 2015)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Lawyer of the Year: Banking & Finance" in Mobile, Alabama (2012, 2021)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® as "Mobile Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year" (2010)
- Listed in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top Business Lawyers in Alabama / Mid-South Region (2008-Present)
- Listed in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the Top 50 plaintiff attorneys in Alabama (2011)
- AV® Preeminent™ 5.0/5.0 Peer Rating
- Lawdragon Leading 500 Plaintiff Financial Lawyers, 2020