Relentless. Skilled. Prepared. Tenacious. All of these words describe Robert’s work as a trial lawyer. He understands that painstaking preparation, careful analysis, and attention to detail win big cases. In an era when very few cases are decided in a courtroom, Robert takes pride in trying cases to a jury whenever and wherever defendants are unwilling to accept full responsibility for their wrongdoing. Robert’s skill and tenacity have been widely noted.
He is board-certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the American Board of Trial Advocacy. He has also been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). He is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. He is listed in Best Lawyers of America®. He is listed in Benchmark Plaintiff’s ranking of Alabama attorneys as a “Future Star.” He has been repeatedly recognized in Super Lawyers magazine as one of Alabama’s top attorneys.
Accolades aside, Robert has an unwavering passion for representing those who have been seriously injured or killed. His passion is proven by his results. In the courtroom, Robert has served as lead and co-lead counsel in obtaining numerous 7-figure and 8-figure verdicts in extremely challenging cases.
By aggressively preparing cases for trial, Robert has also obtained numerous multi-million dollar settlements for his clients. These cases involve everything from 18-wheeler crashes to defective consumer products to industrial site injuries.
Away from the office, Robert and his wife take great pleasure in raising their three children. Robert has also served on the Board of Directors for Via, a charitable organization dedicated to supporting senior citizens in need, on the Senior Bowl Charitable Committee, and most recently on the Board of Ambassadors for the American Cancer Society. When not practicing law or spending time with his family, Robert enjoys exploring the Mobile River Delta.
- $40 million jury verdict in defective seatbelt case
- $35 million jury verdict for wrongful death caused by medical negligence at Springhill Medical Center
- $14.8 million jury verdict for wrongful death and personal injury in a natural gas explosion in one of the most conservative venues in the United States
- $6.5 million jury verdict in auto collision crash
- $3 million jury verdict for personal injuries suffered in a crash with a tanker rig
- $2 million jury verdict for sheriff’s deputy hit by 18-wheeler
- $1.78 million jury verdict for personal injuries suffered in a fall at a national chain restaurant
- $1.725 million jury verdict for personal injuries suffered in a fall at a retail facility
- $1.7 million jury verdict for personal injuries suffered in an industrial site accident
- $850,000 jury verdict for man injured in chain reaction wreck caused by tractor trailer truck
- $779,477 jury verdict for man in industrial accident
- $9 million settlement for wrongful death at industrial facility
- $8 million settlement of personal injuries due to medical negligence
- $6 million settlement for injuries in a crash caused by a heavy commercial truck
- $5 million settlement for wrongful death at industrial facility
- $3.2 million settlement for wrongful death caused by commercial truck
- $3 million settlement for injuries from fall at industrial site
- $2.7 million settlement for wrongful death at hospital
- $1.8 million settlement for injuries caused by improperly maintained equipment
- $1.5 million settlement for injuries in a crash caused by an 18-wheeler
- $1.25 million settlement for injuries in a car crash
- $1.1 million settlement for injuries to bicyclist
- $1 million settlement for injuries sustained in diving accident
- $1 million settlement for injuries caused by improperly maintained utility truck
- $1 million settlement for injuries caused at industrial site
- $1 million settlement for injuries caused by defective equipment
- Numerous other confidential settlements
Recognition & Awards
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Benchmark Litigation, Listed as a “Future Star” (2014 – present)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Listed (2016 – present)
- Super Lawyers, Listed as a “Rising Star” (2012 – 2019)
- Recognized as one of Mobile’s “Forty Under 40” (2011)