Atlanta Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
Injured by a Distracted Driver in Atlanta, GA?
Distracted driving refers to any activity that diverts a driver's attention from the primary task of driving. These activities can include texting, talking on the phone, eating, adjusting the radio, or any other action that takes a driver's focus away from the road. In Georgia, distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents, often resulting in life-changing consequences for those involved.
At Cunningham Bounds, we understand the devastating impact of distracted driving accidents. Our team has a proven track record in representing victims and advocating for safer roads. Let us start working towards getting you compensated for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Understanding Distracted Driving
Distracted driving is a term that refers to any activity that diverts a person's attention away from the primary task of driving a vehicle. These distractions can significantly impair a driver's ability to safely operate their vehicle, increasing the risk of accidents, injuries, and fatalities on the road. Distracted driving is a widespread and dangerous behavior that affects drivers of all ages and experience levels.
The following are the common causes of distracted driving:
- Texting and Smartphone Use: Perhaps the most notorious and dangerous distraction, texting while driving takes a driver's eyes, hands, and cognitive focus away from the road. Reading or composing text messages, browsing the internet, or using social media apps on a smartphone are all examples of this perilous behavior.
- Talking on the Phone: Conversations on handheld or hands-free cell phones can divert a driver's attention from the road. Even using a hands-free device does not eliminate cognitive distractions, as drivers can become engrossed in their conversations.
- Eating and Drinking: Consuming food or beverages while driving can require a driver to take their hands off the wheel and their eyes off the road. This seemingly harmless act can lead to accidents, especially when attempting to juggle hot drinks or messy foods.
- Adjusting In-Car Systems: Adjusting the radio, climate control, GPS, or other in-car systems can be distracting. Many modern vehicles come equipped with complex infotainment systems that require significant attention, making it easy for drivers to become diverted.
- Grooming and Personal Care: Applying makeup, shaving, combing hair, or any other form of personal grooming while driving can take a driver's attention away from the road and their hands off the wheel.
- Reaching for Objects: Reaching for items inside the vehicle, such as a dropped phone, a map, or something on the floor, can divert a driver's attention and impair their ability to steer and brake.
- Interacting with Passengers: Engaging in conversations or activities with passengers, particularly those that are loud, emotional, or demanding, can divert a driver's attention and lead to accidents.
- Daydreaming: A wandering mind can be just as dangerous as any physical distraction. Drivers who lose focus due to daydreaming may not notice important changes in traffic conditions.
- External Distractions: Events happening outside the vehicle, such as roadside accidents, billboards, or other incidents, can capture a driver's attention and lead to a loss of focus on the road ahead.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can significantly impair a driver's ability to concentrate on driving. Drowsy drivers may nod off, experience reduced reaction times, or have difficulty maintaining a steady speed.
- Using In-Car Technology: Interacting with complex infotainment systems, navigation systems, or adjusting settings within the vehicle can divert a driver's attention away from driving tasks.
- Stress and Emotional Distractions: Emotional distress, anger, or stress can occupy a driver's thoughts and lead to reduced focus on the road. These emotions may cause impulsive and risky driving behaviors.
We're Here To Help You
Our experienced team at Cunningham Bounds is prepared to investigate your case thoroughly and fight aggressively on your behalf. We are committed to holding negligent drivers accountable for their actions while obtaining full compensation for our clients' losses.
Here's why you should choose us to represent your case:
- Experience: Our attorneys have extensive experience handling personal injury cases, including distracted driving accidents. We have a deep understanding of Georgia's laws and regulations.
- Results: We have a long history of achieving substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients. Our track record speaks to our commitment to securing the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Resources: We have the resources and expertise necessary to thoroughly investigate your case, collect evidence, and build a strong legal strategy on your behalf.
- Client-Centered Approach: We are dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate legal representation. We will be with you every step of the way, guiding you through the legal process and advocating for your rights.
- Trial Ready: While many cases are settled out of court, we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. Our attorneys are experienced litigators who will vigorously pursue your interests in court.
With You to the EndUnlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
Committed to Our CommunityWe believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
With Us, It's PersonalThroughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
Friendly, knowledgeable, and communicative- Carrie
Their expertise is unparalleled.- As compiled and reported by Chambers and Partners
We’re already singing your praises.- Kathryn
Wirtes is a genius and fights for the rights of the powerless!- Stewart
Cunningham Bounds exceeded their reputation for expertise and capability, and I greatly appreciate the results of my case.- John