As the lead and co-lead counsel in numerous cases that have resulted in multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, David Cain’s reputation as a “litigation star” is well deserved. An “advocate’s advocate," David, who was born in Memphis, Tennessee and was raised in Jasper, Alabama, has proven himself a skilled litigator at every stage in his career and his success in the courtroom has earned him an enviable reputation within the Alabama legal community as well as nationally.
David’s success in the legal field began at the University of Alabama School of Law where he graduated magna cum laude, and was recognized as a Hugo Black Scholar. David competed in numerous legal advocacy competitions during law school, receiving the Reuben H. Wright award for best advocate and being selected to both the Order of the Coif as well as the Order of the Barristers. After graduation from law school, David immediately began work in the courtroom as a champion of the rights of those who have been unjustly injured. His success in the courtroom was almost immediate, and he has been a part of dozens of important cases which have served as valuable benefits to the citizens of his community and state. David has been recognized by Benchmark Plaintiff as a “Litigation Star” while also being listed in Best Lawyers in America and in Super Lawyers. In 2010, David was recognized as one of Mobile’s Top Forty Under 40, and he maintains a Preeminent AV ranking amongst his peers and clients. David is admitted to practice in Alabama and Mississippi.
David counts as one of his greatest achievements, the impact he has made in the lives of his clients, and the preparation necessary to ensure that his clients’ stories are heard, understood, and validated. In addition to devoting a significant amount of his time to ensuring the well-being of those clients, David is also very much involved in his community. As a graduate member of the 2010 Greater Mobile Leadership class, David has provided significant support to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and also served as a member of the Mobile County Bar Association Diversity Task Force. David has been a member of the Young Lawyers Executive Committee, the Alabama State Bar Executive Committee, a Member of the Board of Governors, and a member of Emerging Leaders of the Alabama Association for Justice.
David volunteers his time coaching Bayside Academy’s Youth Football teams, and also serves as a coach for two baseball teams in the Fairhope Youth Baseball League. When David is not coaching you can usually find him fishing with his three boys in the Gulf of Mexico.
Recognition & Awards
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Listed in Chambers USA
- Listed in Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2020 – present)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (2013-Present)
- Named by Best Lawyers in America® as “Lawyer of the Year: Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiff” in Mobile, Alabama (2022)
- Hugo Black Scholar
- Selected into the Order of the Coif
- Selected into the Order of the Barristers
- AV® Preeminent™ 4.9/5.0 Peer Rating
- Benchmark Plaintiff named him a "Litigation Star" in its national rankings of personal injury attorneys and for Alabama (2013-Present)
- Listed in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top plaintiff attorneys in Alabama / Mid-South Region (2013-Present)
- Recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a "Top 100 Trial Lawyer"
- Recognized as one of Mobile's "Forty Under 40" (2010)
- Finalist in the John A. Campbell Moot Court Competition, receiving the Reuben H. Wright award for best advocate