Mr. Brown was born in Birmingham, Alabama, August 29, 1950. He graduated magna cum laude from Samford University in 1972 with a B.A. in History. Thereafter, he was inducted into the U.S. Air Force receiving his commission in December 1972 and his wings in January 1974. Mr. Brown served with the Air Force Reserve until 1979, attaining the rank of Captain.
Mr. Brown returned to Birmingham, Alabama to continue his education, enrolling in the Cumberland School of Law of Samford University and receiving his Juris Doctorate cum laude in 1977.
Mr. Brown holds Commercial, Multi-Engine, Instrument, Jet and Reciprocating Engine Ratings as well as a type certification in the Cessna CE 500 (Citation) aircraft.
An extremely accomplished trial lawyer, Mr. Brown is listed in Benchmark Litigation as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America (2015), Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Lawyers in America and was named to Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers (2007). Benchmark Plaintiff lists him as a "Litigation Star" in its national rankings of personal injury attorneys.
He has also been listed as one of the Best Lawyers in America® since 1995, Super Lawyers since 2008 and was named one of the top 50 attorneys in Alabama in 2009 by the same publication.
Mr. Brown has obtained dozens of multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients and continues today in his representation and advocacy on behalf of his clients in cases of Personal Injury, General Negligence, Products Liability, Insurance Fraud, Bad Faith, Medical Malpractice, Admiralty / Maritime, and Aviation.
Recognition & Awards
- Identified in Benchmark Litigation as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America (2015-Present)
- Listed in Chambers USA as one of Alabama's top lawyers in the area of Litigation: Mainly Plaintiff
- Identified as one of the 500 "Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America" by Lawdragon magazine (2007-Present)
- Identified in Benchmark Plaintiff as a "Litigation Star" in its national rankings of personal injury attorneys
- Identified in Benchmark Litigation as a "Litigation Star" in Alabama (2013-Present)
- Listed as one of the top plaintiff attorneys in Alabama by Super Lawyers (2008-Present)
- Ranked as one of the "Top 50 Attorneys in Alabama" by Super Lawyers (2009)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (1995-Present)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated by Martindale Hubbell