Mobile Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Top Personal Injury Firm in Alabama
Motorcycle drivers and their passengers are uniquely exposed when driving on roads and highways. Even if they have taken every precaution and are using proper safety equipment, they are particularly vulnerable.
At Cunningham Bounds, we understand the risks that motorcyclists face every day and we work to take action against those whose negligence severely injured our clients. Since the founding of our firm in 1958, we have become known as a top personal injury firm in Alabama and have obtained billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
We'll fight for your best interests. Call (251) 299-0101 to schedule a free case evaluation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Mobile today!
Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accident injuries are often extreme. In the worst of cases, motorcycle accidents result in death. Our Alabama motorcycle accident lawyer team can thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury and hold the appropriate parties liable.
Motorcycle accidents often result in the following injuries, and more:
Medical expenses including rehabilitation, caregiver expenses, and lost wages are just some of the significant costs associated with motorcycle accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash, you may be eligible for compensation for your pain and suffering and your financial losses.
Answers to Common Motorcycle Accident Questions
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
If someone caused a serious accident while you were on your bike, you could need extensive medical care. The at-fault party’s insurance should pay for all damages, but they may need a little pressure. Protect yourself by taking these steps to gather the evidence you could need down the line:
- Call the police. They will file an accident report that you may be able to use later. Record the names and badge numbers of the responding officers in case you need to follow up with them.
- Get the name(s) and contact information of any other driver(s) involved as well as their insurance details. Write down the make and model of the car(s) and their license plate number(s).
- Make a record of the accident by taking pictures of all the damages, not just what happened to your bike. If weather or road conditions were a major factor, document them as well. Save a written or recorded voice note describing the accident as you experienced it and include as much detail as you can.
- Talk to any witnesses on the scene and ask for their contact information. You may need their testimony to support your case.
- Seek medical care, even if you don’t think you’re injured. Some aches and pains don’t show up right away.
- Talk to your insurance company, but don’t speak to anyone from the at-fault party’s insurance. They may try sneaky tactics to pin the accident on you.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney. Cunningham Bounds can’t be there in the immediate aftermath of a bad accident, but we can protect your rights as you recover.
Should I Speak to the Other Driver’s Insurance Company?
They may reach out to you, but you’re under no obligation to have a conversation with the at-fault party’s insurance after an accident. If they’re calling you, you know the insurer has already talked to the driver who caused the accident. There’s only one reason for them to ask you what happened: Because they want to prove you were partially at fault.
In Alabama, if the other party can prove that your actions contributed to an accident, they don’t have to pay you anything. Insurers can and will use something as small as an “I’m sorry” to pin the blame on you. Don’t give them anything to work with if you can help it.
Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Motorcycle Crash?
If you were in a truly minor accident with little to no property damage and your medical check came back clean, you might not need a lawyer to advocate for you. However, if your injuries required inpatient treatment, you missed work, and/or you’re still seeing doctors, an attorney can help you negotiate a fair settlement.
Insurers lose money each time they help an accident victim, so they’re likely to offer you less than you deserve. An experienced lawyer can spot an insurance adjuster’s evasions during the negotiation process and argue for compensation that meets your needs.
Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Mobile for a Free Consult!
Learn more about your legal options in a free case evaluation with an attorney from Cunningham Bounds. As a firm, we are committed to excellence. In fact, Mr. Brown of our legal team is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, a prestigious group made up of the top 100 plaintiff attorneys in the U.S.
Contact Cunningham Bounds. For more information about your case, schedule your free initial consultation.
With You to the End
Unlike most plaintiff law firms, we have our own appellate practice, which means we can stay involved in your case throughout the appeals process. We keep fighting until the case is over.
Committed to Our Community
We believe in giving back to our community. We provide pro bono (no cost) legal services to those in our community who can’t afford legal representation. We also support local charitable organizations by donating our time, money, and expertise.
With Us, It's Personal
Throughout your case, our team will always be accessible, responsive, respectful, honest, and compassionate. Our clients can attest to our high level of service and the longstanding relationships we have forged with them.
The best of the best.- Shirley
These guys are just that good.- Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to Americas Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys
I can’t thank you enough for your help with my case.- Cody
Mr. Bonner was extremely well prepared for our day in court and handled our case as if it were the most important case he had.- Anonymous
I knew with 100% certainty that y’all would get the job done!- Ann